Can you believe The Joshua Tree is 30 years old!
This was the album that put the Irish rockers on the map, boasting the band’s biggest singles like "Where The Streets Have No Name" and "With Or Without You".
And what's more, U2 are taking the album back on the road, playing this magnificent record live from start to finish.
To celebrate Triple M is giving you the opportunity of a lifetime - to see U2 LIVE on their Joshua Tree Tour overseas! To win listen from 9am Monday on Triple M.
It’s an epic album and here are ten facts why:
- The Joshua Tree is the highest streamed record from the band.
- The Joshua Tree is the bands highest selling record and with 25 million sales worlds wide it’s amongst the best selling albums of all time.
- The band split every four ways, possible the reason it’s been the same line up through the ups and downs.
- In Sweden, copies of The Joshua Tree were pressed in yellow, pink and red vinyl.
- U2 have never played ‘Red Hill Mining Town’ live.
- Regardless of the success of the final product, making the album was quite basic, Bono saying; “A lot of the songs were ones that were recorded in Larry's spare bedroom or Adam's living room”.
- The Joshua tree is no longer standing. Although the album has stood the test of time, the tree didn’t.
- The album is preserved in the National Recording Registry/ US Library of Congress for cultural significance.
- The 2017 The Joshua Tree Tour sold 1.1 million tickets in 24 hours.
- The hit single The Sweetest Thing was originally written for The Joshua Tree.