Police are on the search for any information following a fire that was started in the early hours of Wednesday morning.
Authorities say the cause of the fire is unknow, however are asking for anyone for any information on suspicious behaviour to contact Crime Stoppers.
The fire, which was first reported before 3:30am Wednesday, started near the intersection of Coondle West Road and Red Gum Circle in Coondle.
A bushfire advice is still current for the area bounded by Coondle West Road to the north and west, White Gum Ridge and Red Gum Circle to the east, and Darwinia Crescent to the south.
Full details below.
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people in West Toodyay and Coondle, bounded by Coondle West Road to the north and west, White Gum Ridge and Red Gum Circle to the east, and Darwinia Crescent to the south. This includes Foresters Way and Jarrah Court..
- There is no threat to lives or homes.
- There is a lot of smoke in the area.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
- The fire started near the intersection of COONDLE WEST RD and RED GUM CIR in COONDLE.
WHAT TO DO:
- Stay alert and monitor your surroundings.
- Watch for signs of a bushfire, especially smoke and flames.
- Close all doors and windows, and turn off evaporative air conditioners but keep water running through the system if possible.
- Read through your bushfire survival plan.
- If you do not have a plan decide what you will do if the situation gets worse.
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
- If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
- The bushfire is moving slowly in a southerly direction.
- It is contained and under control.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Some roads may be closed.
40 kilometre per hour speed restrictions are in place on Coondle West Road.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke and emergency services personnel working in the area.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR SHIRE OF TOODYAY.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are patrolling the area and mopping up.
- 10 Bush Fire Service firefighters are attending.
- The fire was reported at 03:23 AM on 14 March 2018 and currently there has been 1 hectares burnt.
- The cause of the fire is unknown.
- People are asked to report any suspicious behaviour to Police Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
- Shire of Toodyay is managing the fire.